Creamy chicken and green veg spaghetti (dairy free)
This recipe is a great way to use up leftover chicken from a Sunday roast. It’s a quick and simple one-pot family pleaser!
Roast chicken (2 thighs or equivalent of a breast meat) – torn into small pieces, bones and skin removed
360g (dry weight) spaghetti
1 cup of peas
1 cup of green beans (cut into thirds)
1 cup of broccoli
1 small carton of soya cream
2 tsps of garlic purée
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Put the spaghetti in boiling water and boil for a few seconds before reducing the heat slightly.
2. After 5 minutes, add the vegetables. If you’re using frozen veg, put them in the water at the same time as the spaghetti.
3. Cook for a further 5 minutes, then remove from the heat and drain.
4. Return to the pot and pour in the soya cream, keeping the hob on a very low heat. Stir through.
5. Stir in the garlic purée and chicken pieces. Allow to warm through, on a low gear, for a few minutes.