ABaby Food: Apple, Banana, and Strawberry Purée
This is a great way to use up the very last of the local strawberries, and make a start on using the apple harvest. The purée freezes well and can be kept in the fridge for 2 days.
Makes 3 baby-sized portions
1 large banana
1 large apple (peeled)
Around 12 strawberries
Pinch of cinnamon
1. Peel the apple and stew in a tiny amount of water.
2. After around 5 minutes, add the banana and strawberries. Be careful not to allow the mixture to boil dry, but don’t add too much water as it’ll become more soup-like than a purée.
3. Add a pinch of cinnamon for an autumnal flavour.
4. Once the fruit is all softened, remove from the hob and allow to cool.
5. Once cooled, blend with a hand blender until smooth and lump-free.
6. Put into baby portion sized pots so the purée is ready to be taken out at meal times.
Illustrations from ‘El Pequeño Libro de las Frutas’ by Nathalie Choux
You can buy this beautiful little book here: https://www.planetadelibros.com/libro-el-pequeno-libro-de-las-frutas/204432#soporte/204432