Baked Eggs in Green Peppers
2 green peppers
2 large free range eggs
Salt and pepper to taste
A little olive oil
180g long grain rice
1/2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp garlic purée
And some bean chilli, such as this recipe: https://cookingenmicocina.wordpress.com/2018/01/24/picante-vegan-chilli-with-peruvian-spices/
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Cut the top off and deseed the green peppers, then grease two spaces in a muffin tin with a little oil. Place the peppers in space, open side facing up, like a cup.
3. Crack an egg into each pepper cup, then place in the oven to bake.
4. In the mean time, cook the rice and bean chilli, if desired.
5. For bean chilli, please follow this recipe: https://cookingenmicocina.wordpress.com/2018/01/24/picante-vegan-chilli-with-peruvian-spices/
6. For the rice, measure 180g dry weight long grain rice and rinse. Heat the olive oil in a pan, then add the rice, stirring it to cover the grains. Cover with boiling water and bring to the boil, then reduce to simmer for around 12 minutes.
7. When the baked eggs are ready, serve alongside the rice and bean chilli, with salt and pepper to taste on the table. Enjoy! 🙂