This is an ideal midweek dinner that takes about 10 minutes to make if you use pre-prepared guacamole, and about 15 minutes if you make your own.
* 1 sweet red pepper
* 1 white onion
* 1 tin of kidney beans (drained)
* 1 sachet of ‘Panquita’ or 2 tsps of paprika
* 1 tsp garlic purée
* 4 wholemeal tortilla wraps
* a little grated vegan cheese alternative (or regular cheese, if you are not making the vegan version of this recipe)
* chilli sauce (optional)
* a little hummus (optional)
+ please see my previous recipe for “Whipped Guacamole”
Chop the onion finely and gently fry in the olive oil, in a large frying pan. Add the chopped red pepper and allow them to soften. Add the garlic purée and Panquita or paprika. Now add the kidney beans and allow to heat through. Leave to simmer for a few minutes while you get everything else ready at the table.
Serve on a wholemeal tortilla, adding guacamole, grated cheese / cheese alternative, and chilli sauce or hummus, if to your taste. Roll it up and enjoy your red fajita!