~~~Potato and Chorizo Broth~~~
I make a lot of soups, especially during the colder months, and this one is a great way to use up the end of a chorizo you might have, maximising the flavour from it.
* About 1 inch of chorizo, peeled and roughly chopped into small pieces
* Around 12 pieces of pasta
* 2 new potatoes (or equivalent amount of another kind of potato)
* beef stock cube
* 2 pieces of frozen broccoli
* 1 tbsp broth mix^
* 1/2 tbsp quinua (as dry)
* orégano to taste (a few pinches)
^ dried broth mix usually includes barley, split peas, green peas, red lentils
Put around three cups of boiling water into a soup pot and add the peeled and sliced potatoes, broth mix, and rinsed quinua. Crumble in a beef stock cube and allow to boil for 5 minutes. Now, add the roughly chopped chorizo and reduce the heat. Add the broccoli and stir. Add more water if you need to. After a few minutes, add the pasta pieces. Add the oregano once the pasta is nearly cooked. To serve, you may want to stir a little because others the broth mix seems to settle in the bottom of the pot.
Served below with homemade chunky croutons.